Halifax Regional Police have charged a Dartmouth man with a litany of charges in connection with an alleged break-in and robbery in Dartmouth on Sunday.
Police say that shortly after 8 p.m., officers were called to a report of a robbery that occurred at Lawton’s Pharmacy at 6 Primrose St. in Dartmouth, N.S.
A man reportedly broke into the pharmacy using an axe before brandishing it at an employee of the store.
Halifax Regional Police say the employee ran out of the store while the man took a number of pharmaceutical products and fled the area.
HRP say that at approximately 5:15 a.m. on Monday, they located their suspect on Windmill Road in Dartmouth.
At the time of his arrest, the man was located inside a vehicle that had been reported stolen from a Halifax residence on Feb. 9.
Shaun Trider, 33, of Dartmouth was scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court on Monday to face the following charges:
- Break and enter
- Possession of a weapon
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Operating a vehicle while impaired by alcohol and/or drugs
- Operating a vehicle while having a blood alcohol content equal to or more than .80
- Six counts of breach of recognizance
Source: Read Full Article