Massive fire breaks out at Staffordshire hospital as dozens of firefighters battle blaze

Flames have been spotted ripping through a building at Sir Robert Peel Hospital in Tamworth.

Plumes of thick smoke are billowing over nearby roads and buildings as firefighters battle the blaze.

The fire erupted in George Bryan Centre – the facility that  gives medical treatment to people with mental health issues.

Staffordshire Fire & Rescue Service said 10 fire engines are at the scene.

Locals have taken to Twitter to express their concern as thoughts go to those that could be inside the building.

One man wrote: "Shocking scenes. Tamworth’s only mental health provider on fire. Hope everything’s okay."

Another poster said: Shocked to read of the fire at #Tamworth hospital #mentalhealth unit. Here’s hoping all are safe."

One man wrote: "Fire at tamworth mental hospital, sending prayers."

More to follow…


Were YOU in the hospital when the fire started? Call:  020 778 24376 or email: [email protected]







For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online.

Thesun.co.uk is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Download our fantastic, new and improved free App for the best ever Sun Online experience. For iPhone click here, for Android click here.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun.

Source: Read Full Article