Mileigh Loftus, 22, was rushed to hospital after losing control of her body and projectile vomiting on a night out with friends.
She was in such a state that her distraught mum Kelly thought that she was having a stroke as her body convulsed.
Mileigh ended up in hospital where she had brain scans, blood tests, and was put on a heart monitor and an IV drip for 13 hours to clear the toxin from her body.
Kelly, from Swindon, said: "It looked as if she was having a stroke. She was enjoying her night like everyone else until someone targeted her.
"They have done more than just ruin her night. It could have ended so much worse. To know that someone has done this to my child is terrifying.
"To watch their victim suffer and become immobile so they can have control is absolutely spineless."
Mileigh was on the train back to the Wiltshire town following a night out in Bath on Saturday, when she fell seriously ill.
She said: "I knew straight away I wasn't right and just kept saying to myself 'why can't I control my body?'
"I couldn't stop crying because I had no control. It was the worst moment of my life.
"Why would someone want to see me in this state, whether it was for fun or to even harm me?"
She added: "If something was to have happened I would have had no control and that's the upsetting part of it all."
Mileigh could not stop vomiting and lost control of her speech, hands, legs and body due to a reaction to the drug.
Luckily for the hairdresser, British Transport Police was on hand to make sure that an ambulance was in Swindon when the train arrived.
As well as support from her friends and emergency services, a woman who had seen Mileigh struggling stayed with her and helped to keep her calm.
Kelly said: "Mileigh has been extremely lucky. I pray this hasn't caused any ongoing problems for her."
The incident is being dealt with by Avon & Somerset Police, but Wiltshire Police assisted and visited Mileigh in hospital.
A spokesperson for Wiltshire Police said: "We were contacted by BTP reporting that a 22-year-old woman had been taken to hospital due to suspicion that her drink had been spiked."
Source: Read Full Article