Pregnant woman, 18, and new husband, 19, killed in A40 cop chase crash while 'fleeing aggravated burglary'

Patrick McDonagh, 19, and pregnant wife Shauna, 18, were pronounced dead at the scene after being chased on the wrong side of the road following a knifepoint burglary in Harrow, North London.

Police were called after homeowners in Pinner, Middlesex, were threatened with a large hunting knife and screwdriver before a gang of crooks took cash and jewellery.

Following a high-speed chase, an alleged getaway car ploughed through railings before smashing into the coach and bursting into flames at around 8.40pm on Sunday.

Paramedics rushed a second man found in the car to hospital and his condition is currently unknown.

A police helicopter was called in to assist cops as up to 10 patrol cars were involved in the chase.

The case will now be investigated by Scotland Yard's Directorate of Professional Standards and the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

Did you witness the burglary or the police chase? Contact The Sun Online newsdesk on 0207 782 4368 or e-mail [email protected]


The couple, from Edgware, North London were married last November after eight months together and Shauna was expecting a baby girl in April.

On a shared Facebook page, their last post written just two weeks ago showed a video of a pink teddy bear with the caption: "It's a girl".

Shauna's sister Bridgie Mongan wrote on Facebook: "Why God did u have 2 do this? They was the most happy couple going.

"They're only due their little princess (in) April. What we gonna do without them? My baby sister and my brother-in-law is gone."

Patrick's sister Lexi-Rose Lawrence also wrote on social media: "R.I.P Patrick and Shauna and my unborn niece love ye so much love u my bro so much dunno how I’m gunna cope.

"Can't get ur goodlukin face out of my head and ur beautiful wife u were so gud hearted wud do anything for anyone I’m never gunna get over it."

They're only due their little princess (in) April.

The trio are understood to have fled the scene of an alleged aggravated burglary at an address in Harrow.

Witnesses said at least one of the victims was thrown from the car and seen lying motionless in the road after the crash.

A motorist said: "I was driving when a car came flying past me. I quickly moved out the way, then police cars kept speeding past me.

"I counted about 10 that drove past me. Coming down to East Acton area, traffic came to a standstill and more police cars came through.

The eye-witness then saw a man lying unresponsive in the road. He said: "He looked like he had been thrown from the car.

"He didn’t have a shirt on and he was next to a car which had gone through the metal fence."

Another witness said: "The coach they crashed into was right behind me. So shaken, all I saw was instant flames."


The chase was launched following a violent raid between 8.15pm and 8.37pm on Sunday.

The victims – two men and a woman – reported the door of their home had been forced open by a gang of four men.

Jewellery and cash were taken after as the homeowners were held at knifepoint and told they would be killed if they did not co-operate.

In a statement, Scotland Yard said: "At approximately 8.40pm on Sunday, police responded to a report of an aggravated burglary at a residential address in Harrow.

"As part of this response, a vehicle pursuit was initiated. The police helicopter was also called to assist.

"At approximately 21:00hrs the vehicle being pursued moved onto the wrong side of the carriageway on the A40. The police vehicles did not follow.

"The vehicle was then in collision with a coach near the junction with Kingsdown Avenue, W3.

"Two people – one male and one female – were pronounced dead at the scene; a second male has been taken to hospital for treatment.

"The Directorate of Professional Standards and the Independent Office for Police Conduct have been informed."

Source: Read Full Article