Woman, 22, left ‘looking like she’d had a stroke’ after her drink was spiked

A mum has released a harrowing picture of her daughter she thought was having a stoke – but had been spiked on a night out with friends.

Mileigh Loftus, 22, is seen convulsing in a hospital bed after someone secretly poured liquid ecstasy into her drink.

She was rushed to hospital on Saturday night after she lost control of her body and speech following a night out, and could not stop vomiting.

Mileigh ended up in hospital where she was had brain scans, blood tests, and was put on a heart monitor and an IV drip for 13 hours to clear the toxin from her body.

The hairdresser was on the train home from a night out with family and friends when she began suffering from the effects of what she believes was liquid form of ecstasy.

Her mum feared her daughter was having a stroke and described it as "the worst moment of my life".

Mileigh’s mum Kelly wants to use the horrific incident to prevent other parents and youngsters going through the same thing.

Kelly, from Swindon, in Wilshire, said: "It looked as if she was having a stroke. She was enjoying her night like everyone else until someone targeted her.

"They have done more than just ruin her night. It could have ended so much worse. To know that someone has done this to my child is terrifying.

"To watch their victim suffer and become immobile so they can have control is absolutely spineless."

Mileigh, who also lives in Swindon, was on the train back to the Wiltshire town following a night out in Bath, when she fell seriously ill on Saturday night.

She said: "I knew straight away I wasn’t right and just kept saying to myself ‘why can’t I control my body?’.

"I couldn’t stop crying because I had no control. It was the worst moment of my life.

"Why would someone want to see me in this state, whether it was for fun or to even harm me?"

She added: "If something was to have happened I would have had no control and that’s the upsetting part of it all."

Mileigh could not stop vomiting, and lost control of her speech, hands, legs and body due to a reaction to the drug.

British Transport Police helped her and made sure an ambulance was in Swindon when the train arrived.

She was taken to Great Western Hospital where she had blood tests, was put on a heart monitor, had brain scans and was on a drip for 13 hours to help clear the toxin from her body.

Mileigh is still recovering from the effects of the ordeal, but her mum Kelly said: "Mileigh has been extremely lucky. I pray this hasn’t caused any ongoing problems for her.

"You hear about people’s drinks being spiked and the terrible outcome that follows but you never think it will happen to you or a loved one."

Kelly has also thanked their friends and the emergency services, as well as the woman who helped keep her daughter calm and safe.

Kelly said: "What she did will always be remembered and I can’t thank her enough."

The incident is being dealt with by Avon & Somerset Police, but Wiltshire Police assisted and visited Mileigh in hospital.

A spokesperson for Wiltshire Police said: "We were contacted by BTP reporting that a 22-year-old woman had been taken to hospital due to suspicion that her drink had been spiked."

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online

  • Mystery £16m Harrods shopper revealed
  • Storm Callum warning for UK
  • Royal Wedding bridesmaids revealed
  • Parasitic worm removed from man’s eye

Source: Read Full Article