TRANSFER NEWS is picking up with the domestic football season on the verge of reaching its conclusion.
The window will open on July 27 and close in October.
Follow all the latest gossip and rumours below…
Real Madrid are reportedly prepared to allow up to 17-players to leave the club this summer either on loan or permanent deals.
Spanish outlet Marca claim the likes of Gareth Bale, James Rodriguez and Luka Jovic are all expected to be on the chopping board.
SunSport previously reported that Madrid need to cover a £182MILLION shortfall following the coronavirus pandemic.
To avoid a financial black hole, Los Blancos are said to be keen on their players taking pay cuts.
Yet the majority of their money will be recouped from shifting the deadwood this summer.
Top priority for Real will be getting Gareth Bale's £650,000-a-week wages off their books.
TRY YOUR LUK
Arsenal have been dealt a blow following reports that Monaco have made their move to sign Real Madrid flop Luka Jovic.
ESPN claim the French club's new manager Niko Kovac has eyed the striker as his first signing.
The report adds that the former Bayern Munich boss, who replaced Robert Moreno at Monaco last week, has already held talks with Jovic.
Both Kovac and Jovic pair are represented by the same agent, Fali Ramadani, and Kovac has already managed the Serbia International at Eintracht Frankfurt.
Kovac, 48, is said to be keen on a reunion with Jovic, with a loan the most likely option at this stage.
The 22-year-old was touted as the next big thing last summer after he sealed a £54m move to LaLiga champions Madrid.
Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos has agreed personal terms with French side Lille, according to reports.
The Ligue 1 club look set to sell star forward Victor Osimhen to Napoli this summer for an initial fee of £55million.
And French outlet RMC Sport say Lille sporting director Gerard Lopez has identified Morelos as the perfect replacement.
Lopez has reportedly already met with the Colombian, who is understood to be keen on the move.
Negotiations will now commence between the two clubs as they seek an agreement on the transfer fee.
Lille have also signed 35-year-old Turkish striker Burak Yilmaz as they look to bolster their front line for next season.
Morelos has been linked with Sevilla and Lazio as well as Premier League clubs Leicester City and West Ham United in recent months.
EXCLUSIVE – Kepa Arrizabalaga is willing to take a pay cut if it helps end his Chelsea misery.
The Spanish keeper came under fire again this week for his performance in the 5-3 defeat at Liverpool and is now resigned to leaving the club.
The latest criticism comes on top of being dropped by boss Frank Lampard earlier in the season over a dip in form and continued speculation that Chelsea are looking at bringing in a replacement.
Kepa, 25, who earns around £150,000 a week, is two years into a whopping six year contract and knows the terms of his deal at Stamford Bridge make him an expensive buy for a new team.
He has been linked with moves back home to Seville and more recently as part of a swap deal involving Jan Oblak of Atletico Madrid.
Chelsea paid a world-record £71.6million for Kepa in the summer of 2018 but while the young keeper loves life in London, is struggling to convince Lampard that he is cut out for the Premier League.
Kepa would prefer to maintain his existing personal terms with a move but is ready to swallow a reduction in pay if the ‘project’ at a new club excites him.
WORK OF ART
Mikel Arteta has revealed how a lengthy chat with Granit Xhaka managed to convince the player to stay beyond January.
He told Football.London: “You probably know better than me what happened and how much it affected both sides when the issue occurred.
“When I arrived I had a really high opinion of him, I knew him really well.
“I tried to convince him he could have a place here where he could enjoy his career, that his family could be happy here. He’s a player that when he commits he goes 100%.
“He worked really hard, he won everybody’s trust and started to enjoy it. You could see that. When you have those two aspects together that’s when normally players perform at the highest level.”
Real Madrid are facing a financial black hole – and could be ready to demand more pay cuts.
The coronavirus has hit LaLiga harder than many of the other top leagues – and even behemoths like Real have not been immune.
They need to cover a £182MILLION shortfall – and that cannot simply be sorted by selling players.
Los Blancos asked their stars to take a pay cut earlier this spring as the coronavirus pandemic took a grip on the world's economy.
And now Real president Florentino Perez and his bean counters are ready to ask them to take another pay cut.
Tipping Madrid chiefs over the edge is the fact that there will be no punters in stadiums probably for the rest of THIS YEAR.
That means no matchday revenue – and big clubs in Spain need to take a hit now to make sure they do not hit the wall.
DAN THE MAN
Arsenal remain desperate to sign Atletico Madrid's Thomas Partey, but should they fail to land him, they have already identified another option.
ESPN state that Porto defensive midfielder Danilo Pereria is an alternative for Mikel Arteta, with the player to cost much less than the Ghanaian international.
It has been claimed that Porto would be willing to cash in on Danilo for just £20million.
And the news outlet suggests that Arsenal will meet with the player's representatives at the end of the season.
Man Utd are reportedly keen to snare Jame Rodriguez away from Real Madrid at the end of the season.
According to the Express, the Red Devils could open talks over a move to bring the Colombian to Old Trafford next week.
They sate that Los Blancos could be willing to accept offers in the region of £23million for him.
Real have already told the playmaker he is free to leave the Bernabeu with Zinedine Zidane deeming him as surplus to requirements.
It has even been claimed that Rodriguez is interested by the idea of playing at Old Trafford.
Mohamed Salah has hinted he could leave Liverpool one day after their Premier League title win.
The Egyptian star failed to quash the suggestion he could depart Anfield and just wants to focus on enjoying their current glory.
The 28-year-old has bagged 19 Premier League goals from 33 games this season and has been an integral part of the Reds' success once again.
And asked about his future during an interview with LA FM Colombia, the winger left his options open.
Salah said: “I just want to enjoy today and enjoy the moment. No one knows the future and what will happen. Let's see what will happen.
“But at the moment we win the Champions League, we win the Premier League, I'm happy.
“Let's see what will happen in the future, but I'm very happy to win and achieve those trophies.”
Frank Lampard is already eyeing up two new signings after Chelsea agree a deal for Bayer Leverkusen playmaker Kai Havertz.
The Daily Mail state the the Blues gaffer is now keen for the club to bring in a new centre-back and left-back.
They state that West Ham star Declan Rice is the man Lampard wants in the heart of his back four.
Ben Chilwell remains Lampard's No1 full-back choice, but should he be deemed as too costly, Ajax's Nicolas Tagliafico could be signed instead.
NO AD BREAK
Jurgen Klopp has turned his attention to Leicester winger Harvey Barnes – after being priced out of a move for Wolves' Adama Traore.
It is thought the Molineux club might want £60million for their flying Spaniard.
And that has left Anfield bean counters looking for an alternative so Klopp can strengthen his title-winning side.
We revealed exclusively in May how Klopp had made Traore his top priority.
But he may now be eyeing up a move for Barnes, with the Mirror stating that Klopp is a fan of his versatility.
However it has been stated that Liverpool may find it hard in luring him away from the King Power Stadium.
Southampton have had a work permit granted for Mohammed Salisu.
The defender, 21, has completed a medical and agreed a four-year deal with the South Coast side.
Saints exercised a £10.9million release clause in the centre-back's Valladolid contract.
GOOD MORNING, TRANSFER FANS
Three 17-year-old sensations are in the transfer spotlight for Premier League giants.
And the only good news is for Manchester City.
Gremio midfielder Diego Rosa is reportedly close to a deal that could be worth £21.5million to his Brazilian top-flight club.
Having said that, City, as well as Chelsea, are missing out on Edouard Michut.
PSG have persuaded the French midfielder to sign a new three-year contract.
Meanwhile, Arsenal target and “new Cristiano Ronaldo” Joelson Fernandes is tipped to similarly extend his deal with Sporting Lisbon.
The Gunners had even been linked with a £13.6million bid for the Portuguese striker.
Arsenal have also been strongly associated with Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes.
But now Manchester United are rated as the club most likely to hijack Napoli's offer for the 22-year-old.
Elsewhere, ex-Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge could he handed a lifeline by Serie B champions Benevento after a ban for breaching betting rules, which led to Trabzonspor cancelling his contract in March.
Ralph Hassenhuttl has refused to comment on rumours of Southampton doing a swap deal with Tottenham for Kyle Walker-Peters.
The 23-year-old has been on loan at the Saints since January.
And there have been rumours of the club securing the defender on a permanent deal with St Mary's midfielder Pierre Emile-Hojbjerg moving to North London.
Walker-Peters has been in decent form for the club since the restart of Premier League games in June.
But Saints boss Hassenhuttl remains coy over whether a permanent move for the star was in the works.
Hassenhuttl said: “Kyle (Walker-Peters) was the one who helped us in this half year and we haven't decided anything yet if we go with him next season.”
DWIGHT'S ALRIGHT HERE
Manchester United target Dwight McNeil is being urged ignore the Red Devils' advances.
LancsLive say the Burnley winger has been linked with a move back to the Old Trafford giants who released him at the age of 14.
McNeil, who's 20, signed, a long-term contract to remain at Turf Moor back in January
The Burnley starlet, who's netted twice in 37 appearances this term, has impressed boss Sean Dyche with his performances.
And United rivals Man City also rumoured to be pondering a surprise move for the Clarets star.
Arsenal have been dealt a major transfer blow with wonderkid Joelson Fernandes on the brink of signing a new contract at Sporting Lisbon, according to reports.
The Gunners have been closely tracking the Portuguese superstar who is being compared to club legend Cristiano Ronaldo.
It was even reported that Arsenal had launched a £13.6million offer to entice Fernandes to London.
Sporting have been desperate to keep hold of their rising star and were eager to extend his current deal expiring in 2022.
And talkSPORT claim how they have made a major breakthrough in talks and expect Fernandes to sign a new contract this summer.
It will come as a major blow to Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta who has a limited transfer budget to work with in the summer.
SOONER OR LEIGHT-ER
Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti hopes to hear from Leighton Baines about his Everton future before tomorrow’s final game of the season against Bournemouth.
The Italian said during his pre-match press conference: “I think he is going to give us an answer before Sunday.
“I think he will take a decision this week or at the end of the game. We don't have to wait a lot.
“Before the game I'd like to talk to him about this, as always Leighton is so professional and every decision I take he understands.”
ED-DED OFF A THE PASS
Chelsea and Manchester City have missed out on the signing of French wonderkid Edouard Michut.
The highly-rated 17-year-old has opted to sign a new three-year deal at Paris Saint-Germain to end speculation over his future.
Michut has been labelled as the “new Marco Verratti” after impressing at youth level for the French giants.
He joined PSG's academy in 2016 and spent the latest campaign playing for the U17's where he was the most used player.
His potential attracted the interest from clubs across Europe including Barcelona, Juventus, Valencia, Chelsea and Man City.
BRING AND BALL'
Marca claim Dani Ceballos could be heading to Arsenal on a permanent deal.
The Gunners have to raise the £32million needed for the Real Madrid midfielder, who reportedly does no see his future at the Bernabeu.
Ceballos has broken into the Arsenal first team after Matteo Guendouzi irked Mikel Arteta with his pay cheque rant at Brighton’s Neil Maupay.
The centre midfielder, 23, has played 35 games for the Gunners this season and has earned the trust of his Spanish boss.
Manchester United are ready to “hijack” Napoli’s bid for Gabriel Magalhaes, according to reports.
The Lille defender, 22, has been a star name for the Ligue 1 club this term.
And according to Duncan Castles, United are in competition with Everton, Inter and Napoli for the Brazilian.
They will be looking for a new central defender at the Stadio San Paolo with Kalidou Koulibaly likely to leave for greener pastures – and a big fee.
At £22.8million, Gabriel would be a bargain for any buyer, especially when top central defenders have been going for millions more.
Serie B champions Benevento are targeting Daniel Sturridge as the former Liverpool striker rebuilds his career after a ban for breaching betting rules.
The ambitious Italians have turned to the Trabzonspor free agent and ex-England star after one-time Chelsea frontman Loic Remy failed a medical.
Former Chelsea and Manchester City ace Sturridge, 30, was “devastated” to be given a four-month suspension from playing in March.
His initial punishment last summer of a six-week ban including four suspended, was upgraded when the FA appealed against the findings of an independent commission.
His fine was also doubled to £150,000, with Trabzonspor cancelling his contract by mutual consent the same day.
But now he is eligible to play again and The Mail report Benevento president Oreste Vigorito as saying: “Sturridge would be an honour for any Italian team.”
PAY CUT FOR 'LEX
Inter Milan will hold talks with Alexis Sanchez in the hope of agreeing on a wage packet before sealing a permanent switch from Manchester United, according to reports.
The Chilean, who is on an incredible £500,000-a-week at Old Trafford, has spent the season on loan with the Italian side.
Inter are forking out £4.5million of his £18.2m annual salary with United stumping up the rest of the cost.
Sanchez, 31, has scored three times and assisted eight in an injury-hit campaign that has limited him to just nine Serie A starts.
The Nerazzurri will hold talks with the forward and will propose a deal that would see his wages more than halved to around £200,000-a-week.
Chelsea could make a move for Manchester City defender John Stones this summer, according to reports.
After the signings of Hakim Ziyech, Timo Werner and their pursuit of Kai Havertz, the Blues will turn their attention to strengthening their defence.
Stones’ name has been thrown into consideration by the Chelsea recruitment team and the England international is on the club’s list of defensive targets, according to website Football Insider.
The 26-year-old’s injury troubles have caused him to fall down the pecking order at the Etihad.
With Man City rumoured to be chasing a new centre-back this summer the ex-Everton man’s future looks to be in doubt.
The Toffees, Arsenal and Newcastle have all been linked with a move for Stones.
LET'S SHAKE ON PALM
Emerson Palmieri is top of Antonio Conte’s transfer wish-list at Inter Milan, according to reports.
The Nerazzuri have made recruiting a left-back their No1 priority in the coming window.
According to Tuttosport, Conte wants to recruit Palmieri to strengthen Inter’s left-flank having not been impressed by Cristiano Biraghi or Kwadwo Asamoah this term.
Emerson has failed to cement a regular place in Chelsea’s starting line-up, since arriving from Roma in 2018.
Cesar Azpilicueta – who normally operates at right-back – has been keeping the 25-year-old out the team and playing on the left in his place.
FAN OF FERRAN
Manchester City are front-runners to sign Valencia’s Ferran Torres after convincing the player to make the switch to the Etihad, according to reports.
The 20-year-old’s contract expires in 2021 and they may be able to get him for a reasonable fee.
According to Super Deporte Valencia owner Peter Lim and Mansour bin Zayed are personal friends, which has opened a channel for negotiations.
Source: Read Full Article