Mum cried herself to sleep when son died only to wake up and find other son had died

A HEARTBROKEN mum who sobbed herself to sleep the night one son died was further devastated when a second son passed away just 24 hours later.

Rosemary Davies said she "felt like jumping into the grave" of both her beloved boys at their joint funeral in Wrexham, north Wales.

The mum-of-five told Daily Post North Wales that one of her sons, Robert Jones, had rushed to console her on the death of his younger brother Scott Bellis, 29.

After chatting until after midnight, Mrs Davies went upstairs, where she eventually cried herself to sleep.

A few hours later, she was woken by the sound of Robert's girlfriend Fallon's screams coming from downstairs.

She rushed down to find 36-year-old Robert, known as Bobby, with blood coming from his mouth.

Although both his stepdad Paul and – later – paramedics tried to save him, they couldn't resuscitate him.

Mrs Davies, aged in her 60s, said: "I found myself screaming in the street outside. I couldn't believe I'd now lost my other boy."


On the night before Scott's death, she could tell that he was feeling low and she begged him to come and stay the night with her.

He had wanted to go into rehab but there had not been a place available for Scott, she added.

Scott returned home to his flat around the corner from his mum's home in Bradley, Wrexham, and the following day, she found out that he had passed away.

It is suspected the former factory worker died of an overdose.

She said: "The night of Scott's death turned out to be the eve of Robert's death.

"We talked until about 2am, then I went to bed. At 5am I was crying in my bed, trying not to wake anybody up as Bobby and Fallon were sleeping downstairs on the sofa bed.

"But at 7.55am I heard Fallon screaming and I came downstairs to find thick blood had come out of Bobby's mouth, and he was cold to the touch."

She described Scott, who had struggled with alcohol, as "kind and shy", and said that he and Bobby had been "little rogues together".

My apron strings had never really been cut from Scott and Bobby. We were inseparable.

Mrs Davies added: "I held their hands to do everything they needed to do, and most of the time they had me wrapped around their little fingers.

"Scott lived around the corner would come and see me every day, and even though Bobby was settled with Fallon and was in a good place mentally, he still came round to see me for his Sunday lunch and every Thursday.

"My other three, Michael, Dean and Donna, got on with their lives, but my apron strings had never really been cut from Scott and Bobby. We were inseparable."

During a joint funeral for Scott and Bobby at Holy Trinity Church in Wrexham the brothers' coffins were carried into the church by grief-stricken family members, including her 18-year-old grandson Liam.


Mrs Davies said: "I don't know how they did it, because after they carried one coffin down they had to go back up the aisle to carry the other one. It was heartbreaking."

She admitted to feeling "like jumping into the grave with them", but had to go on for Scott's little boy, six-year-old Leo.

Mrs Davies added: "My heart is broken but he is going to fill it. I'm [Leo's] legal guardian, but Scott absolutely adored him, as did his uncle Bobby.

“Leo has lost both his daddy and a very close uncle. He loved him so much and would always take him to the park for a game of football."


She says she now has the added worry of having to pay for her sons' funerals, the bill for which runs to about £6,000.

"We just don't have that kind of money, and we just don't know how we are going to pay for it. It's another worry on top of everything," Mrs Davies said.

A fundraising night at the Gwersyllt Working Men's Club is to be held on July 20 at 7.30pm, and a JustGiving page has also been launched.

An inquest into her sons' deaths on May 29 and May 30 is yet to take place.


Source: Read Full Article