THE UFC kicks off a Fight Island triple-header with Max Holloway facing Calvin Kattar this weekend.
With Conor McGregor set to make his long-awaited return at UFC 257 next week, this pair have their chance to shine as they headline a packed card.
As well as the main event, there's a prelims schedule which features Carlos Condit and Jaoquin Buckley.
Holloway comes into the fight on the back of back-to-back title defeats against Alexander Volkanovski, while Kattar beat Dan Ige in his last Octogan appearance.
When is UFC Fight Night – Holloway vs Qattar?
- Fight Night is all set for Saturday, January 16.
- In a packed week for the sport, there's also Fight Night action on Wednesday, January 20 before UFC 257 on the 23rd.
- All three take place at the Etihad Arena on Yas Island, UAE.
- The prelims for this packed card get underway at 6pm GMT.
- Expect the main event sometime after 10pm.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
You can catch every punch, grapple and kick live on BT Sport 2.
Coverage of the prelims starts at 6pm, with the main card beginning at 8pm.
If you're a BT customer, you can stream via the official website or by downloading the the BT Sport App.
How can I watch for free?
- EE customers can get a free three-month trial of BT Sport by texting SPORT to 150.
- At the end of the three months you will automatically roll onto the £15 per month subscription.
- Or you can cancel the trial at any time during the three months by texting STOP SPORT to 150.
- Max Holloway vs Calvin Kattar (featherweight)
- Carlos Condit vs Matt Brown (welterweight)
- Santiago Ponzinibbio vs Le Jingliang (welterweight)
- Joaquin Buckley vs Alessio Di Chirico (middleweight)
- Punahele Soriano vs Dusko Todorovic (middleweight)
- Phil Hawes vs Nassourdine Imavov (middleweight)
- Wu Yanan v Joselyne Edwards (women's bantamweight)
- Carlose Felipe vs Justin Tafa (heavyweight)
- David Zawada vs Ramazan Emeev (welterweight)
- Sarah Moras vs Vanessa Melo (women's bantamweight)
- Jacob Kilburn vs Austin Lingo (featherweight)
What they said
Max Holloway: "Calvin is a dangerous dude, and we know he is dangerous because he will be standing across from me, and I’m excited for it.
"He’s from Boston. People like to talk about his boxing and people like to talk about my boxing.
"Calvin was saying something like I’m overlooking him, this and that.
"I can’t. How can I overlook you? He made it here. I’ve got to respect that.
"At the end of the day, I just can’t wait to fight him. I can’t wait to go in there and see what he has to offer."
Calvin Kattar: "It’s a good opportunity to show why I think I am that guy.
"You know these guys are all telling Max he is still the champion and I think maybe he’s still focused on the champ. So overlooking me would be a mistake".
Source: Read Full Article