Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter
Child killer, Tracey Connelly has been released from prison for the first time in seven years, it has been revealed.
Connelly, 40, was driven undercover from HMP Low Newton, Co Durham, to an unknown bail hostel on Wednesday (July 6).
She was jailed following the brutal death of her son Peter Connelly, widely known as Baby P in Tottenham, North London, in August 2007.
READ MORE Girl found 'raped and killed' in home as mum charged with murder and human trafficking
The 17-month-old endured months of horrific abuse at the hands of his mum, stepdad Steven Barker and his brother Jason Owen. He had suffered 50 injuries at the time.
Connelly is expected to start her new life by attempting rehabilitation under some of the strictest licence conditions on record.
She will be monitored by probation officials and has been warned that any breach of her release terms could put her back behind bars.
Her release has also tonight been confirmed by the Ministry of Justice.
Sources told The Sun that she could have a makeover to help her slither back into society without being spotted.
The Daily Star previously reported that Connelly was advised to "lose weight" after she was refused a new identity.
She feared that vigilantes might target her after it was announced that she'd be released without police protection.
“Tracey was fuming when she heard the news," a prison source recently said.
“The prison officers managing her release have told her the best thing she could do to avoid attention would be to change her appearance by drastically losing weight and dying her hair.
Man 'murdered nurse before having sexual conduct with her body' after Tinder date
“But she’s still a pretty big woman so a huge weight loss is not likely over the coming weeks.”
Deputy PM Dominic Raab previously requested a judge to overturn the Parole Board's "irrational" decision for Connelly to be released.
He said the parole system needs a major "overhaul" after his bid was thrown out.
"Tracey Connelly's cruelty towards her son, baby Peter, was pure evil," he tweeted.
"The decision to release her demonstrates why the parole board needs a fundamental overhaul – including a ministerial check for the most serious offenders – so that it serves and protects the public."
Connelly successfully won her parole bid earlier in March.
It comes after she was slapped with an indefinite term with a minimum of five years in 2009 for causing or allowing the death of Peter.
Mr Raab's argued the Board had failed to offer "sufficient reasons" for its ruling.
A Parole Board spokesman said at the time: "Following the reconsideration application from the Secretary of State, a judge has ruled that the decision made by independent Parole Board members to release was not irrational, as stated in the reconsideration application, and the original decision is upheld."
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here .
Source: Read Full Article