Frightening video shows the moment a priest who had dozed off behind the wheel of a pickup truck in Brazil lose control of the vehicle and crash off of a highway into a lake
- Father Antonio José and three passengers escaped with minor injuries after he drove his church’s Ford Ranger pickup truck into a lake in Ceará, Brazil
- The accident took place Tuesday afternoon when the priest was traveling on highway CE-179 and fell asleep behind the wheel
- A video recorded by another motorist showed the priest’s vehicle on the opposite lane of the road
- Father Antonio José regained control of the vehicle when it hit a small cement barrier on the side of the lane
- But he then lost control of the pickup as he tried to steer it straight on his corresponding lane and crashed into the lake
Shocking video footage captured a priest crash a pickup truck into a lake after he fell asleep behind the wheel in the northeastern Brazilian state of Ceará.
Father Antonio José was driving the parish’s Ford Ranger on highway CE-179, which connects the cities of Sobral and Groaíras, moments before the frightening accident Tuesday.
A motorist who had their cellphone out was able to record the priest driving on the opposite lane just seconds before he sent the pickup truck careening into the lagoon.
A Ford Ranger pickup truck driven by a priest in Brazil crashed into a lake after he fell asleep behind the wheel on Tuesday. The priest and three other passengers survived the accident while suffering minor injuries
A motorist was tailing another vehicle on highway CE-179, which connects the cities of Sobral and Groaíras in the northeastern state of Ceará, when the pickup truck crashed into a lake
Father Antonio José suffered minor injuries after he drove his parish’s pickup truck into a lake Tuesday
The videos showed the vehicle clipping a short cement barrier right before Father Antonio José was able to regain control of the vehicle.
However, as he swerved back into his corresponding traffic lane and was unable to stay straight on the road.
Father Antonio José accidentally fell asleep while driving his church’s pickup truck with three passengers aboard before crashing it into a lake in the northeastern Brazilian city of Groaíras
The pickup truck made contact with a cement barrier on the side of the lane moments before it crashed into the lake
The pickup truck then veered off the highway, overturned and landed inside the lake.
He and the three passengers he was traveling with were rescued and escaped with only minor injuries, according to the Groaíras city government said.
DailyMail.com reached out to the Our Lady of the Rosary church for comment.
Source: Read Full Article