Meghan Markle reportedly wants a home birth for her second child, two years after plans to deliver son Archie the same way went awry.
She and husband Prince Harry are said to be preparing for the arrival of their daughter in their luxury mansion in Montecito, California.
The new baby (confirmed to be a girl during the Oprah interview) is due in the early summer, the Mirror reports.
The couple are said to have made the decision after planning to have their first child at Frogmore Cottage surrounded by midwives.
But Meghan eventually had to be rushed to a private hospital in London after Archie became a week overdue, giving birth on May 6 2019.
This is rumoured to have made her determined to have her second child at home, according to Page Six.
A source said: "Meghan's plan was to have a home birth with Archie, but you know what they say about the best-laid plans.
"In the end, her doctors advised her to go to hospital and all she was interested in was about delivering Archie safely.
"But she has a beautiful home in California, it's a beautiful setting to give birth to her baby girl."
The Duke and Duchess are currently living in a $14.5m (£10.6m) mansion, where they count a number of celebrities as neighbours.
If Meghan does have to go to hospital, Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara is reported to be the most likely destination.
Their second child will become the first royal to be born in the US.
Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, announced that they were having a girl in their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, 67.
Meghan and Harry's bombshell Oprah interview hit by fresh wave of Ofcom complaints
The happy news came after the former actress previously revealed she had miscarried a child.
Harry suggested their daughter will be their last child in the sit-down with the television legend.
He told Oprah: "A girl, you know, what more can you ask for? But now, you know, now we've got our family.
"We've got, you know, the four of us and our two dogs, and it's great."
Harry and Meghan were forced to obey royal protocol for the birth of Archie, now almost two years old, and pose for photos hours after he was born.
But now they have stepped back from official duties there is no such obligation – leaving it unclear how they will announce the news.
It has also been reported that Meghan will take maternity leave.
The couple are currently forging new lives in the US after quitting the Firm in March 2020.
Harry was announced last week as an executive at BetterUp, a mental health charity, as well as a commissioner at the Aspen Institute.
The pair are also reported to have signed big-money deals with Netflix and Spotify.
Source: Read Full Article