A mum revealed how she faced 'every parent's worst nightmare' when she was woken by her frantic fiance shouting 'our son is DEAD' – before a 'miracle' saw his dad manage to bring him back to life.
On March 7, Samantha Howarth and Jonny Sands gave their 10-year-old son Josh Sands some Calpol and let him sleep downstairs with his dad when he didn't feel well.
However, the partially-deaf mum-of-two failed to hear her partner's cries for help when he awoke around 6.30 am to discover their son not breathing and having turned 'blue'.
Jonny, 38, paused the emergency CPR to sprint upstairs and alert Samantha, who was in such a state of panic and shock she fell down the stairs and even forgot the 999 emergency number.
In what the duo credit as a 'miracle', they believe Jonny had awoken in the nick of time after Josh stopped breathing and the dad's rescue efforts resuscitated the little lad and kept him alive until paramedics arrived.
Baffled doctors plunged him into an induced coma but two days later he was brought back to consciousness with no signs of injury or illness.
The couple said they have 'never found a definitive answer' to what caused Josh to stop breathing, however, the little boy has made a remarkable recovery and returned to school less than two weeks after the incident.
Jonny's Facebook post about their horrifying experience has since had than 14,000 times and has more than 3,600 comments.
The mum from Bolton, Greater Manchester, said: "I could hardly stand with shock. I got into the living room and saw Josh just lying on the floor with his eyes open, looking at the roof. There was no sign of life at all and he was just blue.
"Jonny couldn't ring the ambulance and do CPR at the same time so he asked me to. My head had gone, completely. I even asked him who I should ring and what number.
Naked woman trapped in storm drain for days rescued after cries heard from underground
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
"When I got through I tried to get some air into [Josh] but he was having a seizure and his mouth was tight shut. Luckily Jonny had managed to get some colour back into him.
"The paramedics were there within six minutes, but I hardly saw Josh respond at all. When we got to the hospital he was still having a seizure.
"I stood for about an hour and a half just numb staring at him, and then I stayed for the two days and hardly had any sleep.
"His breathing wasn't right and the doctors didn't know what was wrong with him. They had to put him on everything at the strongest dose they could to fight everything.
"It's really weird to see him like that and now see him back in school. I'm just so grateful he is here. It's like I've woken up from a nightmare."
The dad-of-two has no idea why he woke up to check on his son, but he believes if he hadn't have been sleeping near him and known CPR, he wouldn't be alive.
From chocolate to hot cross buns: 13 reasons why Easter can be harmful to your dog
After his heroic act, he faced an anxious wait for test results from home because he had to look after the pair’s six-year-old son Jacob Sands at home, with Samantha in hospital.
Jonny said: "I must have woken up within minutes of him stopping breathing and I've acted pretty quickly. I was carrying on with the CPR and I noticed his colour came back and that's when he started having seizures.
"The paramedics took over but I was pretty reluctant to let them. I just slumped outside and I was expecting the worst news. It’s every parent’s worst nightmare. I was so relieved when the CT scans came back okay."
Samantha and Jonny run a kids' activity company Kickstarterz Sports and the dad-of-two is trained in basic first aid, including CPR, in case it's needed.
After saving his own son's life he's now offering free first aid training sessions paid for by a GoFundMe page he's set up – and it's already raised more than £1,000.
Source: Read Full Article