Russian yob jailed for attack that left England fan paralysed ‘released already’

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

A Russian thug who was jailed for paralysing a Thee Lion’s fan has been released after just a fortnight, according to reports.

Mikhail Ivkine, 34, along with fellow yob Pavel Kossov, 34, viciously beat Andrew Bache, 55, in France during the 2016 Euros.

The brutes left the England supporter in a wheelchair after the broad daylight beating.

In December they were jailed for three and ten years having put Andrew in a coma during a “guerrilla offensive by Moscow ultras” during the summer football cup competition.

The hooligans stood trial in Marseille accused of gang violence. Both Spartak Moscow fans, they had been in French custody since March 2018 after they were picked up in Germany on their way to a European match.

But according to The Sun, Mikhail Ivkine was released from prison on Christmas Day.

Andrew’s son Harry said the early release was “outrageous”.

He said: “The fact the remand time was taken into account was news to me. I had no idea. He's now back home with his family and we have been left to pick up the pieces.

“He threw the chair which hit my dad and left him off balance he fell to the floor and he was set on – if he hadn't been hit by the chair he might have escaped but instead his life has changed.”

  • Biologist believes we will one day 'reverse ageing process' with 200-year-olds playing football

Kossov, 34, was handed a decade long sentence whilst Ivkine was given just a three-year stint.

He was freed on Christmas day, The Sun reported, and is back in Russia in time or the Orthodox Christmas.

Following the sentencing, Mr Bache’s lawyer, Olivier Rosato, had said it was a decision that "satisfies" his family.

“They wanted Kosov's sentence to be severe because he was the first to punch Andrew, and from behind, causing him to smash his head on the ground, which was granite,” he said.

Meanwhile the Russian consulate in Marseille, Victoria Malyavina, fumed that the trial had been “politicised” and said the sentences were “too heavy”, The Sun reported.

Witnesses said Andrew was bashed in the head and received three or four blows, including some whilst he as on the floor.

Around 150 Russian men were reported to have stormed the Old Port district in Marseille, where England fans had gathered to drink before the match.

Police fired tear gas and water cannons at rival fans who were rioting in what was seen as a largely unsuccessful attempt gain control of the escalating situation.

French interior minister Bernard Cazeneuve said at the time that “once again, as over the last 30 years, an international football competition has been the scene of clashes between violent people claiming to be supporters of their national team”.

  • Russia

Source: Read Full Article