TAKE That concerts at Manchester Arena this weekend have today been postponed after the Ariana Grande gig terror attack.
The venue confirmed the news on Twitter this afternoon following the barbaric attack last night which saw 22 innocent victims killed and 59 maimed.
In a statement the arena said: “Due to the tragic events in Manchester last night and the ongoing police investigation, the scheduled Take That concerts for Thursday 25, Friday 26, Saturday 27 at Manchester Arena have been postponed. Further details will be released as soon as possible.”
Organisers said more information will follow in the coming days.
They confirmed there are no further cancellations at this point.
MOST READ IN NEWS
MONSTER ON THE STREETS
Chilling moment rapist carries woman along the streets before attack
MONSTER ON THE STREETS
Comedian Joe Lycett sparks chaos after 'leaking' Sue Gray report on Twitter
ISIS bride Shamima Begum could RETURN to the UK due to court case victory
Nicola Sturgeon sparks fury by trying to make her lockdown powers permanent
They said: “We are working with the police and promoters about other upcoming concerts, in particular Kiss on 30th May. We will provide further updates on our website, Twitter and Facebook.”
Take That had earlier confirmed that tonight's show in Liverpool would not go ahead.
Rockers Kings of Leon and Kiss are both due to play the arena in the coming months.
A spokesman for Kings of Leon said: "Our hearts and prayers go out to families and victims at this time. It's premature to make any additional comments at this time."
The cowardly suicide bomber who killed 22 innocent victims and maimed 59 more in a sickening terror attack at Manchester Arena has been named as Salman Abedi.
The 22-year-old, who was born in Manchester and grew up in the area alongside his three brothers, was behind the deadly bomb that killed victims as young as eight.
Cops revealed the identity of the lone wolf attacker, of Libyan descent, after raiding his house in Fallowfield today.
Eight-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos was revealed as the second victim of the blast.
Saffie, of Leyland, Lancs, was killed after becoming separated from her mum and sister during the attack.
Twelve children under the age of 16 were among the 59 casualties taken to hospital after the bombing, says the North West Ambulance Service.
Source: Read Full Article