Tributes to 'most happy' two-week-old girl who died as man, 24, arrested on suspicion of murder

HEARTBREAKING tributes have been paid to the "most happy" two-week-old girl after a 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murdering her.

Felicity-May Harvey died in hospital on Monday, January 11 after cops were called to reports of a concern for a baby at a home in Heywood, Greater Manchester the previous Friday.

Today, the tot's family have released a tribute to her.

They said: "Our hearts are broken after losing our precious baby girl, Felicity-May. She was a gorgeous baby and always so alert, looking around with her big blue eyes.

"She was absolutely beautiful and incredibly brave and she melted the hearts of everyone who met her.

"What made her extra special was her cleft lip and palate, and despite the challenges of this she was the most happy and content little girl.

"She was, and always will be, loved by her mum, sisters and family and there is a huge void in all our hearts and lives now that she has been taken from us.

"She was our special star, and it is not fair that she shone brightly for only a short time.

"When we look up at the sky, we will look through the clouds and know that the brightest star shining is our Felicity-May.

"Rest in peace baby girl. Sleep tight. Until we meet again, our precious angel."

The arrested man has since been released on bail pending further enquiries.

A banner for a 'baby girl' still hangs on the front door of Felicity-May's family home.

Flowers have been left outside the property, one of which bore the message: "RIP Felicity. Beautiful Angel".

One neighbour said: "The mum has still left the ribbon on as she was so overjoyed at the birth.

"I saw the baby once and she was beautiful. The mum seemed so happy and in love with her.

"You would see her take her other daughter to nursery and I have seen a boyfriend there a few times, but I don't think he lives there. It's a terrible tragedy."

A police investigation is ongoing and a scene is expected to remain in place for the coming days.

Detective Chief Inspector Carl Jones, of GMP’s Major Incident Team, said: “This is a desperately sad incident where a baby girl has lost her life and we are doing what we can to support her loved ones at this incredibly difficult time.

“Our investigation is ongoing; as always, we are keeping an open mind and have specialist officers working at the scene and on the investigation to establish the full facts of this case.

“This is a heartbreaking time and we ask the public to refrain from speculation and respect the family’s privacy at this time.

“Anyone with information should do the right thing and contact us with information so we can continue to try and ascertain the circumstances behind this tragedy.”

Anyone with information should call police on 0161 856 3400 quoting incident 1896 of 08/01/2021. Details can be passed anonymously to the independent Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Source: Read Full Article