Woman reunited with dog who ran away after fiance was killed in car crash

A woman has been reunited with her pet dog after it fled and went missing following a car crash that killed her fiance.

AnnMarie Fasano tragically lost her husband-to-be Michael March on the morning of Saturday, January 30, in New York after he left to drive to the shop with their dog in the car with him.

The pooch, two-year-old Cane Corso, Shadow, fled from the scene after Mr March died, just minutes after leaving their Gerritsen Beach home.

Mr March was immediately rushed to the NYU Langone hospital, where he was sadly pronounced dead.

A GoFundMe page has since been set up to help Ms Fasano after her tragic loss.

She told the New York Post that Shadow came home a week later after surviving in gruelling weather conditions for seven days.

Ms Fasano said: “After all this, I’m just like wow. It’s the first time I’ve smiled since everything. My baby’s home.

“This dog survived a fatal car crash, across the belt parkway, lived on snow in a wooded area near a golf course during a snowstorm and he’s home and OK.”

Mr March took Shadow everywhere with him except for work.

  • Tears as dog called Wiggles, 14, finally adopted after spending 11 years in shelter

A volunteer dog trapper, Teddy Hen, and Lost and Found Brooklyn helped track down the pooch, who was found near a field.

Despite the fact he was in freezing temperatures for a week, he wasn't in particularly bad shape.

Ms Fasano said the pooch was in his usual good spirits but appeared visibly nervous and weak.

  • Pensioner's joy as stolen dog returned at night as thieves have change-of-heart

"I gave him a chicken cutlet, he dogged it. He’s so scared to be alone he follows me around," she said.

It comes after an elderly golden retriever called Sage went missing after suffering a seizure, but her neighbours used cars, drones and even a kayak to help bring him home.

Jane Albrecht, who lives on Lopez Island in the US’s Pacific Northwest, became concerned after her elderly dog Sage wandered off on January 23 after suffering a seizure.

Several neighbours from the small community of just over 2,000 got involved in the search for Sage.

They used cars and even a drone to explore remote areas where he might have got himself stuck, tracking Sage down five days later.

Source: Read Full Article