Shirtless Simon Cowell, 61, sports a face mask and orange shorts as smiling TV mogul joins swimsuit-clad Lauren Silverman, 43, and their son Eric, 6, on the beach in Barbados after recovering from back op
He’s made an impressive recovery after having surgery on his broken back following an accident on an e-bike back in August.
And shirtless Simon Cowell, 61, appeared to be in high spirits as he joined his girlfriend Lauren Silverman, 43, and their son Eric, six, on the beach in Barbados on Thursday, leaning over to give his son a tender stroke on the head.
The TV mogul showed off his toned abs after famously losing 60 pounds after embarking on a new health and fitness regime.
Shirtless: Simon Cowell sported a face mask and orange shorts as the smiling TV mogul joined his swimsuit-clad girlfriend Lauren Silverman and their son Eric on the beach in Barbados on Thursday after recovering from his back operation
Smoking: Lauren looked incredible in her one-shoulder black scalloped-edged swimsuit as she and Eric walked two of the family’s dogs,
Managing to stay trim despite his injury, Simon had a big smile on his face as he joined Lauren and Eric in the Caribbean hotspot, wearing bright orange shorts – a departure from the blue and white pair he favours.
He wore a mask on his face amid the coronavirus pandemic but not being near anyone outside of his bubble, he had slipped it off to rest under his chin.
It’s little wonder Simon looked so happy, Lauren looked a knock-out wearing a black one-shoulder swimsuit which had a scalloped edge, while also wearing a face mask, while little Eric kept close by.
Like father, like son: Simon gave Eric’s head a tender stroke as they enjoyed a cooling dip in the water together
Rocking it: Managing to stay trim despite his injury, Simon had a big smile on his face as he joined Lauren and Eric in the Caribbean hotspot, wearing bright orange shorts – a departure from the blue and white pair he favours
Simon is said to have made a full recovery from his back injury and had planned to return to Britain’s Got Talent this year – however, the show has been scrapped amid the coronavirus pandemic.
In a statement, ITV said they’re hopeful the show will return later this year, but have delayed plans to start auditions later this month due to government restrictions.
They said: ‘The filming for the 15th series of Britain’s Got Talent has been postponed from its proposed record dates in late January.
Taking a moment: He wore a mask on his face amid the coronavirus pandemic but not being near anyone outside of his bubble, he had slipped it off to rest under his chin
Mirror image: Ir was easy to spot the family resemblance between Simon and his only child
‘With the announcement of the latest Government health guidelines and with our priority of safeguarding the well-being of everyone involved in our programmes we, together with the production teams at Thames and Syco, have taken the decision to move the record and broadcast of the forthcoming series.
‘We will confirm revised dates in due course.’
It had been reported that bosses decided to delay auditions as they would be unable to film auditions with a live audience during current restrictions.
Getting back to normal: Simon is said to have made a full recovery from his back injury and had planned to return to Britain’s Got Talent this year – however, the show has been scrapped amid the coronavirus pandemic
Sources also claimed that a vast production, with acts travelling from across the world to take part, wasn’t viable even though other TV productions have continued.
Musician Sinitta, 52, who once dated Simon, previously disclosed that he is now walking a gruelling five miles a day amid his continued recovery.
The singer told The Sun: ‘Simon has worked hard at his recovery and told me he’s walking 10,000 steps a day that’s around five miles – way more than he was before the accident. He’s got one of those watches that measures every step.’
Meanwhile, sources recently claimed the TV star was considering legal action against the manufacturers of his electric bike following his injury.
Simon and his team are said to be ‘weighing up’ their options and have been ‘pressing’ the manufacturers, Swindon Powertrain.
Look over there: Simon and Eric appear to have an incredible bond and it’s thought being a father made Simon address his work/life balance in order to spend more time with his son
One lawyer claimed that a successful lawsuit could see Simon get up to £10million for medical bills and loss of earnings, the publication reported.
But a whistleblower from the manufacturers reportedly claimed the £20,000 electric bike an ‘accident waiting to happen’ due to Simon’s lack of training.
They told the publication: ‘It should never have been sold to Simon without him being taught how to use it.’
The former employee claimed the Swind EB-01 bike, which can reach up to 60mph and is banned on public roads in the UK, should not be used without specialist training.
The source continued: ‘I said to my boss, “Are you showing Simon how to use this?” He said he was just dropping it off and I said, “Are you serious?”‘
A spokesperson for Simon told MailOnline: ‘Simon is understandably extremely concerned for other peoples’ safety in relation to this bike.
‘We have been pressing the manufacturers about this and will continue to press them, including in relation to the claims of the former member of staff.’
A spokesperson for Manufacturers Swindon Powertrain told MailOnline: ‘With any device, it is important to read the user manual before attempting to operate, acknowledged by Mr Cowell himself.
‘The EB-01 user manual includes a detailed process of how to familiarise oneself with the performance features and procedures to follow.’
They added that they are ‘in contact with Mr Cowell’s aides to progress this’, noting, ‘the company has acted in good faith at all times.’
Power: The Swind EB-01 is said to have an official top speed of 60mph but able to go up to 80mph with ‘a little tinkering (stock image of the electric bike)
Source: Read Full Article