Police divers recover man's body in the Thames

Police divers recover man’s body in the Thames near spot reveller, 20, was last seen after leaving Heaven nightclub nearly three weeks ago

  • Met Police officers have recovered a body from the River Thames, the force said
  • Officers were notified about the body at 11.51am by the RNLI yesterday
  • Formal identification has not yet been carried out on the body since its recovery
  • However, detectives involved in the search for Harvey Parker have been alerted

The body of a man has been recovered from the River Thames near the spot where a missing 20-year-old reveller was last seen, police have said.

In a statement issued earlier today, the Met Police said officers were alerted to reports of a body in the river yesterday.

Officers were informed around 11.51am by the RNLI about the body, which was found near Embankment, Westminster. 

The police’s Marine Support Unit were dispatched to recover the body, and the death is currently being treated as unexplained. 

Although formal identification has not yet been carried out on a body recovered from the River Thames, detectives involved in the search for missing Harvey Parker (pictured on CCTV on December 17) have been alerted 

Formal identification has not yet been carried out on the body, but detectives involved in the search for missing Harvey Parker have been alerted.

A family liaison officer has also informed Mr Parker’s family of developments – and a report is currently being compiled for the coroner.    

Speaking in the statement today, Detective Chief Inspector Lucy O’Connor, of the Central South Command Unit, said: ‘Sadly a body has been recovered from the Thames near where Harvey was last seen. 

‘We are providing Harvey’s family with all the available information. We are also asking for media to please respect the family’s privacy at this challenging and difficult time.’

Harvey Parker, 20, (pictured) has not been seen or heard from since the early hours of Friday, December 17

Mr Parker, was last seen leaving Heaven Nightclub by Charing Cross Railway Station in Westminster at around 02:15hrs on Friday, 17 December.

CCTV footage showed Mr Parker walking into Craven Street and then south towards the Embankment, and he has not been seen since.

A friend said the University of York music student had been to a Little Simz concert in Brixton, south London before going to the nightclub.

On Wednesday the Metropolitan Police said that investigators had viewed CCTV near the Golden Jubilee Bridge and believe Mr Parker, who is a member of front of house staff at the Theatre Royal Stratford East, may have entered the water there.

The force said that there was nothing to suggest anyone else was involved.     

Source: Read Full Article