Toddler, 2, dies and baby in hospital after circumcision procedure goes wrong

A two-year-old toddler has died and his baby brother has been rushed to hospital after a circumcision procedure went horribly wrong.

The tot and infant had to be taken to a Perth Children's Hospital in Australia on Tuesday night, (December 7).

It's not yet clear what happened during the routine procedure that caused the two siblings' conditions to deteriorate rapidly.

When the family arrived at the hospital with their children in Armadale, the two-year-old boy had sadly been pronounced dead.

The homicide team was initially called in to investigate the death, however, the case has now been handed over to the coronial investigation unit.

A Western Australian Police spokesperson has said the death isn't being treated as suspicious.

They added: "It can be confirmed the boy underwent a medical procedure at a registered medical centre prior to his death."

A report is being prepared for the coroner, who will investigate the incident and what occurred during the procedure.

The toddler's baby brother, who local media have reported is either seven or eight months old, was rushed for life-saving surgery.

It's said the operation was to correct what went wrong during the initial circumcision.

He was treated in the hospital's intensive care unit and is reportedly now in a stable condition and recovering.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

In 2019, a toddler had his penis amputated in a botched circumcision by an experienced surgeon who died two days later.

The three-year-old had undergone the operation, in southeast Brazil, but sadly passed away days later.

His dad, Alberthy Camargos, asked nurses to change his son's bloodstains bandages after the routine surgery but was horrified to find a rolled gauze shaped like a penis instead of his son's genital area.

The devastating news caused the distraught dad to “drop to the ground and go into shock”.

He said: “It was only a couple of hours after surgery when they lifted the gauze and there was no visible penis, just a stump."

It's said the surgeon Pedro Abrantes at Dr Carlos Marx Municipal Hospital died from a heart attack just days after the procedure.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article