Meghan Markle and Prince Harry make first appearance together since stepping back from royal family

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have made their first joint engagement together since arriving back in the UK at the Endeavour Fund Awards in London.

The couple have been living in Canada for several weeks since announcing earlier this year that they would be stepping back from their royal duties.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrived at Mansion House in London for the annual ceremony, which is supporting the recovery of wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women in one of their last engagements as senior royals.

  • The Queen is ‘very sad’ over Meghan Markle and Prince Harry leaving Archie in Canada during UK visit

  • Kate Middleton debuts new lob haircut as celebrity hairstylist says it’s 'perfect and on trend' – EXCLUSIVE

Meghan wore a stunning vibrant blue short-sleeved dress as she linked her arm onto her husband Harry, wearing her hair scraped back into a stylish long ponytail for the event.

Harry complimented his wife in a navy suit as the couple made their way into the building in the wet weather.

Earlier in the day, the couple were seen leaving the five-star luxury Goring Hotel in the capital, however it has been claimed that the couple are residing at their Windsor home of Frogmore Cottage while back in the UK.

Harry has been back in the UK since last week, where he visited Abbey Road studios to record a single for the Invictus Games Foundation with Jon Bon Jovi. Meghan is believed to have arrived back in the UK on Wednesday.



Times Meghan Markle broke royal tradition before stepping down as senior royal with Prince Harry

It comes after Buckingham Palace confirmed that the changes to Harry and Meghan’s roles within the royal family will come into effect on March 31, with a one year review following.

Before then, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will appear at six engagements in the UK, after spending the last month in Vancouver, Canada.

Following Thursday’s Endeavour Fund Awards, Meghan will then join Harry for another event at the Royal Albert Hall on March 8 to mark International Women's Day.

The couple will then join the Queen and the Royal Family for the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey on March 9.

Harry and Meghan will no longer have an office at Buckingham Palace from April onwards.

Buckingham Palace also released details of Harry’s military role.

  • Prince Harry drops his royal titles in his first public speech since returning to the UK from Canada

  • Prince Harry spotted back in the UK for the first time since moving to Canada

“Prince Harry will retain ranks of Major, Lieutenant Commander, and Squadron Leader, however, during this 12-month period his honorary military positions will not be used. No new appointments will be made to fill these roles before the review is completed,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement.

It comes after reports that The Queen reportedly decided Meghan Markle and Prince Harry must drop their title of Sussex Royal after stepping down as senior members of the Royal family.

Source: Read Full Article