FRESH from a significant victory over champions Manchester City, Arsenal take their unbeaten record to a Chelsea team, who may just be beginning to gel, on Saturday evening.
Chelsea vs Arsenal odds
Here are the latest match odds for Chelsea vs Arsenal odds from our top-rated football bookies:
⏩ Quick betting tips for Chelsea vs Arsenal
- Arsenal to win to nil – 11/4 with Spreadex
- Fernandez to have over 0.5 shots on target – 5/2 with bet365
- Back Saka over 1.5 tackles – 4/1 with BetUK
Chelsea vs Arsenal betting preview
Chelsea fans might finally be able to see the green (blue?) shoots of recovery but they may be brought back down the earth with a bump on Saturday.
Mauricio Pochettino was happy with his men following back-to-back wins over Fulham and Burnley but both of those sides are long way short of Arsenal’s quality.
The Gunners proved they are genuine title contenders again this season with a 1-0 victory over champions Manchester City last time out and they will bring a strong recent record in this fixture to Stamford Bridge – Arsenal have won six of the last seven meetings.
Their defensive strength has been on show for some time on their travels (see stats below) and Chelsea had struggled for goals until putting four past Burnley in their last game.
Remember, they scored only 38 goals in their 38 league matches last season and despite splashing the cash again in the summer, those problems haven’t gone away (11 in eight so far).
Injuries haven’t helped the Pochettino rebuild – it’s easy to forget that Christopher Nkunku was supposed to help on the goals front – but that’s another reason to suggest Arsenal are more than capable of winning here.
Chelsea have taken just one point from a possible nine against teams currently above them in the table and Arsenal look a good price to continue their unbeaten start to the campaign.
📝 Chelsea vs Arsenal key stats
- Arsenal have won six of their last seven meetings with Chelsea, including the last three at Stamford Bridge.
- The Gunners currently have the best defensive record in the Premier League, conceding only six goals in their opening eight games. None of those has come away from home.
- Chelsea come into this clash having won back-to-back league games for the first time since March.
- William Saliba remains a doubt for Arsenal but Mikel Arteta is confident Bukayo Saka will be available having withdrawn from England’s squad last week.
- Chelsea continue to be beset by injuries with Axel Disasi the latest to be sidelined. However, Nicolas Jackson is set to feature despite recent wrist surgery, Reece James is close to a return and Malo Gusto has now served his ban.
Chelsea vs Arsenal best bets
Here's what we have in store for you today:
Arsenal to win to nil
It’s three from three for this bet in the Gunners’ away games this season, while 10 of their 12 road victories last term came via this method.
Chelsea may have scored six in their last two games but those were against Burnley and Fulham; Arsenal are a much different prospect, arguably the best team in the country on form.
Getting 11/4 about something that has happened so often looks worth taking.
⚽ Back Arsenal to win to nil at 11/4 at Spreadex ⚽
Enzo Fernandez over 0.5 shots on target
Again, a price which simply looks too big.
The Argentine has landed this in five of his last seven Premier League games and that immediately makes odds of 5/2 look large.
OK, he may have greater defensive duties in this game given the potential threat of Arsenal but one suspects he’ll still be looking to get shots away around the box.
⚽ Bet on Fernandez to have over 0.5 shots on target at 5/2 at bet365 ⚽
Bukayo Saka over 1.5 tackle
A bet mentioned on these pages already this season but one which keeps on delivering.
Unlike many wingers, Saka doesn’t shirk his defensive duties and he’s now had 2+ tackles in 13 of his last 16 Premier League games.
On home soil, Chelsea should offer enough of a threat for him to be tracking back regularly too.
Of course, we need Saka to start – that’s not guaranteed given his recent injury – but if he’s only on the bench many bookies will void the bet.
⚽ Back Saka over 1.5 tackle at 4/1 at BetUK ⚽
📺 How to watch Chelsea vs Arsenal
- Location: Stamford Bridge, Fulham, England
- Time: 17:30 BST on Saturday (October 21)
- Where to watch: Sky Sports Premier League and Main Event
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Find our detailed guide on responsible gambling practices here.
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
2023 Rugby World Cup betting odds – Best offers for the World Cup!
Football accumulator tips for this weekend (21-22 Oct 2023)
Liverpool vs Everton betting preview: odds and predictions
Cricket World Cup betting preview including odds, markets and free bets
Source: Read Full Article