The Queen and Prince Charles are ‘keen’ to welcome Harry and Meghan to ‘family’ events at the Jubilee as palace says ‘the ball is in their court’
- Buckingham Palace said to have promised Sussexes full armed security at events
- But Harry is still said to be undecided on whether to jet in with his family in June
- Duke of Sussex launched High Court battle with UK police over security in 2022
- Meeting with the Queen in secret before Invictus may have led to breakthrough
Prince Harry’s father and grandmother are both very ‘keen’ for him, his wife and children to jet in from California for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, it was claimed today.
Buckingham Palace is said to have promised the Sussexes full armed security at all Royal Family events in June in a bid to reassure them after Harry said he felt ‘unsafe’ in Britain.
But despite Her Majesty and Prince Charles removing the main obstacle for Harry, Meghan, Archie and Lilibet attending, the Duke of Sussex is still said to be genuinely undecided about whether to jet in to celebrate his grandmother’s 70 years on the throne.
A palace source told the Sunday telegraph that ‘the ball was in his court’, adding: ‘His grandmother and father keen to welcome the Sussexes to “family” events’.
It would mean that the Sussexes would be welcomed onto the Buckingham Palace balcony with the rest of the royals to watch a RAF flypast and the Trooping the Colour on June 2, the Queen’s official birthday.
But they would be unable to attend working elements of the Jubilee, having quit as frontline royals when they emigrated to Canada and then Los Angeles two years ago.
The Queen and Prince Charles are said to be ‘keen’ to welcome Harry and Meghan (pictured during Trooping The Colour 2018) to ‘family’ events at the Jubilee in June but: ‘The ball is in their court’
Harry speaks on stage during the Invictus Games The Hague 2020 Closing Ceremony at Zuiderpark on April 22, a week after meeting his grandmother
Despite the reassurances from his British family, when asked about whether he would attend he said last week: ‘I don’t know’.
Harry and Meghan hire PR guru who helped reelect Obama as insiders claim it wouldn’t be a ‘huge shock’ if Duchess of Sussex went into politics
Miranda Barbot, who was part of the team behind Obama’s re-election in 2012, has been hired by the Sussexes to ‘transform their image’.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have hired the PR guru who helped to re-elect Barack Obama in the latest hint the couple may have political ambitions.
Miranda Barbot, who was part of the team behind Obama’s re-election in 2012, has been hired by the Sussexes in the hope to ‘transform their image’.
Speaking to the Mirror, an insider said: ‘There are shades of the Clintons or even Kennedys. It wouldn’t be a huge shock now if Meghan went into politics.’
Ms Barbot was a 19-year-old undergraduate at university when she won a scholarship onto Obama’s team.
According to sources, she has now left US public relations firm BerlinRosen and joined the Sussexes’ firm Archewell.
She was also reportedly been spotted among Harry and Meghan’s team at the Invictus Games in Holland.
Ms Barbot was named a ‘key figure’ in Harry and Meghan’s team and described as a ‘shrewd operator’ by a source.
They added that Ms Barbot has ‘plenty of experience’ to help them adapt to their lives away from the Royal Family.
On Twitter, Ms Barbot’s bio says she is a ‘New Yorker and year-round iced coffee drinker.’
Sources have told the Daily Mail that the prince appeared mollified at the plans put in place when he and Meghan visited the Queen at Windsor.
The couple brought over their own private bodyguards from the US but stayed on the Queen’s Windsor estate and received a Special Escort Group (SEG) detail when travelling outside.
The SEG provides mobile armed protection to both royals and government ministers. This ‘hybrid’ model is now likely to be offered to Harry, Meghan and children, Archie, two, and, Lilibet, ten months, when visiting.
It would be funded by taxpayers as the Home Office have made clear that they cannot agree private financial arrangements with anyone receiving Met Police security.
Harry, 37, is taking legal action against the Home Office after being stripped of armed police protection. He says he does not feel safe under current security arrangements bringing his family to the UK and has offered to pay for British police bodyguards himself.
It came as Donald Trump urged the Queen to strip Prince Harry and Meghan Markle of all their royal titles as he described the Duke of Sussex as being ‘whipped like no person I think I’ve ever seen’ and ‘led around by his nose’.
The former US president admonished Harry for being ‘so disrespectful to the country’ and an ’embarrassment’ – adding that the Queen should ban him from even visiting Britain and tell him: ‘Frankly, don’t come around.’
Mr Trump also said Harry had been ‘led down a path’ and that he wondered whether the Duke – who stepped down as a senior royal in early 2020 with his American wife – would ‘go back on his hands and knees and say “please”.’
He claimed is ‘not a fan’ of Meghan and ‘wasn’t right from the beginning’, telling Piers Morgan on the new channel TalkTV: ‘I’ve been a very good predictor, as you know – I’ve predicted almost everything. It’ll end, and it’ll end bad.’
It was Mr Trump’s latest attack on the couple, with him having previously spoken of his support for the 96-year-old monarch who hosted him with wife Melania in a State Banquet at Buckingham Palace in London in June 2019.
And it comes after Harry and Meghan flew from their home in California and stopped off in England to visit the Queen at Windsor Castle before heading to The Hague in the Netherlands for the Invictus Games, which marked their first public appearance together in Europe since quitting as senior working royals more than two years ago.
But Mr Trump told Mr Morgan: ‘Harry is whipped – do you know the expression, whipped? I won’t use the full expression. But Harry is whipped like no person I think I’ve ever seen. I’m not a fan of Meghan, I’m not a fan, and I wasn’t right from the beginning. I think poor Harry is being led around by his nose.’
In the interview, Mr Morgan asked Mr Trump whether the Queen should strip Harry and Meghan of their royal titles.
The Queen with then-President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump at Buckingham Palace in London on June 3, 2019
Princess Anne is expected to replace Prince Harry as head of Royal Marines – becoming the first female to fill role
Princess Anne is set to take over as head of the Royal Marines, after her nephew Prince Harry was stripped of his military roles when he stepped back from being a senior member of the Royal family
The Queen’s daughter, Princess Anne, is predicted to replace her youngest nephew, Prince Harry, in a senior military role, despite approaching 71.
Princess Anne is to make military history by becoming the first woman ever to head the Royal Marines.
Prince Harry held the post for less than two years, but was stripped of the prestigious Royal Marines job after marrying Megan and moving to the USA.
The Princess Royal currently holds the honorary title of Admiral in the Royal Navy, but her new role is understood to be announced in August after officially being endorsed by the Queen.
Princess Anne is no stranger to military life, being married to a naval officer, Admiral Sir Tim Lawrence.
The Royal family has undergone significant changes in the past few years, currently Prince Charles takes a leading role in public appearances as the Queen, 96, reduces her commitments.
While both Prince Harry and Prince Andrew have had all of their honorary military titles removed from them.
Mr Trump responded: ”The only thing I disagree with the Queen on – probably one of the only things ever – is that I think she should have said, if that’s your choice, fine, but you no longer have titles, and frankly don’t come around. He has been so disrespectful to the country and I think he’s an embarrassment.’
The interview saw Mr Trump say that he expected the Sussexes’ marriage to end with either Meghan deciding she likes another man better or Harry deciding he did not like being ‘bossed around’ by the Duchess.
Mr Trump said that he wants to see what happens when the couple split, adding that he thinks they will divorce.
He said: ‘I’ve been a very good predictor, as you know – I’ve predicted almost everything. It’ll end, and it’ll end bad. And I wonder if Harry’s going to go back on his hands and knees and say ‘please’. I think Harry has been led down a path.’
Mr Trump also ripped into Meghan in an interview with Nigel Farage on GB News last year. He said at the time: ‘I’m not a fan of hers. I wasn’t from day one. I think Harry has been used horribly.
‘I think someday he will regret it. He probably does already. I think she’s been very disrespectful to the Royal Family, most importantly to the Queen, and I just… from day one I never got it.’
Prince Harry ‘vented’ about William and ‘poured out resentments’ about his father Charles to his actress ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas so much that she recommended he see a therapist, leading the duke to seek advice on the best shrinks from MI6, a bombshell new book claims.
Tina Brown, the author of The Palace Papers: Inside The House Of Windsor – The Truth And The Turmoil, says the Duke of Sussex grew ‘angry’ as he felt his brother was ‘hogging the best briefs’ around a decade ago – and when he wasn’t obsessing over William would moan about the Prince of Wales.
She claims ‘friction between the brothers escalated’ so much after William became patron of the rhino and elephant charity the Tusk Trust in 2015 that the pair had ‘Olympic rows’ – and quotes a friend of the siblings as calling Harry a ‘very, very angry man’.
The royal expert also claims Harry’s ex-girlfriend Cressida grew ‘tiresome’ of his complaints about his family while they dated between 2012 and 2014, and was apparently the first person to persuade the Queen’s grandson to see a therapist – leading him to take advice from MI6 to find the right person.
Harry and William stand together during the unveiling of a statue they commissioned of their mother Diana in the Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace, London, July 1, 2021
Harry and William with a cheetah at the Mokolodo nature reserve in Gaberone, Botswana on June 15, 2010
Harry is pictured at Wembley Arena with his ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas, March 7, 2014
Harry and Meghan attend the Athletics Competition during day two of the Invictus Games at Zuiderpark on April 17, 2022
After their relationship broke down, Harry wrote the old flame ‘a sweet letter saying ‘I admire you, I wish you well and above all thank you for helping me to address my demons and seek help”, Ms Brown claims, quoting one of her contacts.
Cressie is said to have also found his resentment towards the Press ‘trying’ – and that while reports played-up the romantic love affair, the ‘bizarre reality of date nights was glumly eating takeaway and watching Netflix at Nottingham Cottage, Harry’s none-too-tidy two-bedroom grace-and-favour bachelor pad in the grounds of Kensington Palace’, Ms Brown writes.
The tension between Harry and William existed years before Meghan Markle burst onto the scene, Ms Brown claims. However, her arrival changed ‘everything’ in Harry’s life, and she suggests the pair became ‘drunk on a shared fantasy of being the instruments of global transformation who, once married, would operate in the celebrity stratosphere once inhabited by Princess Diana’.
The bombshell allegations come after Harry sparked a fresh row with the Royal Family this week by claiming in an interview with NBC’s Today show that he is ‘protecting’ the elderly monarch and is making sure she has the ‘right people around her’.
Experts branded the comments a ‘gross insult’ to Charles and William, and point out that his and Meghan’s top secret ‘olive branch’ meeting with the Queen at Windsor Castle before the Invictus Games was the first time Harry had seen his grandmother in two years.
Ms Brown has also claimed that Harry and Meghan are ‘addicted to drama’ – and says one day the duke will ‘wake up’ and realise he’s living in Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop.
Speaking to the Telegraph, the expert said the pair can’t stop creating dramatic scenes wherever they go – claiming they appeared to be ‘addicted to drama’. And she warned the duke appears to have been ‘completely and utterly taken over by Meghan and his whole personality has changed’.
‘I do question how it will end. ‘[Maybe] he’ll wake up and realise he’s living in Goop and he has to get the hell out, go down the pub and see his friends,’ she added.
Source: Read Full Article