SUMMER is here and there's nothing like the best women's shorts for looking stylish and staying cool in the heat.
Far more practical than skirts but still every bit as on-trend, it's always a good idea to have a few pairs on hand throughout the warmer season.
From denim cut-offs and bermuda shorts to longline styles and high-waisted tailored designs, there are so many ways to do shorts – so there's definitely something for every body type and style taste.
Plus, shorts can work for the most casual of days or be dressed up for a night out, so they're a versatile staple to have in your wardrobe.
Below, we've rounded up a selection of the best women's shorts that are available to buy online now.
Best women's shorts at a glance:
- Best for inclusive sizing: Roman Originals Stretch Shorts for Women
- Best staple: Levi's Women's 501® Original Shorts Denim Shorts
- Best for work: New Look Pale Blue High Waist Tailored Shorts
- Best splurge: AllSaints Savannah Leather Shorts, Black
- Best longer length: M&S Collection Cotton Rich Knee Length Chino Shorts
1. Roman Originals Stretch Shorts for Women
- Roman Originals Stretch Shorts for Women, £21-£27 from Amazon – buy here
Roman Originals never fails to impress us with its assortment of timeless staples that are perfect for building a capsule wardrobe.
These striped shorts are a chic essential that will look great whether worn on holiday or as an everyday pair.
Sitting just above knee length, the slim fit will work well with an oversized t-shirt or a pretty camisole top.
Most read in Fashion and Beauty
Boots Christmas beauty advent calendars 2023 -everything you need to know
10 best denim jackets 2023
15 best graduation dresses to look the part 2023 UK
Shoppers rave about special balm that relieves painful varicose vein symptoms
Compete with turned hems, they're available in sizes 8 to 30-32, as well as a petite range.
Reviews praise the "super comfortable" fabric which is "soft and stretchable".
2. Levi's Women's 501® Original Shorts Denim Shorts
- Levi's Women's 501® Original Shorts Denim Shorts, £48.43 – £60.00 from Amazon – buy here
We can't talk about women's shorts without bringing you a pair of Levi's: they're an absolute classic that every wardrobe should include.
These 501® Original's are Levi's first-ever jean shorts, and now feature a waist-defining high rise for an on-trend, flattering look.
The vintage-inspired fit continues with the Silver Lake finish which features a raw hem and rips for that authentically aged denim look.
"Love these shorts, I've worn them loads since buying them, I think they're more flattering than most other denim shorts. They're not stretchy at all but do soften up a bit with wear," says one five-star review.
- Best walking leggings
- Best leggings
- Best high-waisted gym leggings
- Best anti-chafing shorts
- Best travel backpacks UK
3. New Look Green Palm Print High Waist Shorts
- New Look Green Palm Print High Waist Shorts, £14.99 from New Look – buy here
Holiday vibes, incoming.
With a bold palm print in luscious green, these New Look high-waisted shorts are perfect for bringing a tropical feel to your summer wardrobe.
Just add a vest and sandals to complete the chic look.
4. New Look Pale Blue High Waist Tailored Shorts
- New Look Pale Blue High Waist Tailored Shorts, £25.99 from New Look – buy here
Tailored sorts are a great way to smarten up an outfit – but look equally cool teamed with relaxed separates for a laidback look.
We love the pastel blue hue of these New Look shorts which fit high on the waist and are completed with side pockets and belt loopholes.
5. New Look Stone Chino Shorts
- New Look Stone Chino Shorts, £24.99 from New Look – buy here
Did someone say Lara Croft?
You can't beat cargo-style shorts for dressed-down days and adventures – but this pair are actually chino shorts which adds a bit of sophistication.
They're also available in black for even more versatile styling.
6. Mango Printed Shorts
- Mango Printed shorts, now £6.99 from Mango – buy here
These shorts are an absolute bargain in the sale, so don't miss out.
The floral print is whimsical and playful, with the relaxed cut and elasticated waist making them super comfy to boot.
7. Mango Cotton Linen Shorts
- Mango Cotton Linen Shorts, £29.99 from Mango – buy here
Holiday planned? Snap up these Mango shorts for your suitcase, stat.
In crisp white, the cotton and linen blend will keep you cool on balmy summer evenings. We love the coordinating blouse too.
8. Mango Paperbag Shorts with Belt
- Mango Paperbag Shorts with Belt, £29.99 from Mango – buy here
If you already own a paperbag trouser, then you'll know that this style can be incredibly flattering and comfy – so it's a no-brainer to shop the silhouette in shorts, too.
In a pale blue denim hue, these are perfect for festival season and come in black and ecru as well.
9. AllSaints Savannah Leather Shorts, Black
- AllSaints Savannah Leather Shorts, Black, now £125 from John Lewis – buy here
These shorts may be a splurge but they're in the sale and hello: look how incredible they are.
Crafted from butter-soft leather, the mid-rise and tailored fit is impossibly chic and perfect for dressing up or down this season.
10. Superdry Athletic Essential Waffle Shorts, Dark Pine Green
- Superdry Athletic Essential Waffle Shorts, Dark Pine Green, £29.99 from John Lewis – buy here
For sporty, preppy style – don't sleep on these Superdry shorts.
Available in three shades, the oversized logo taps into the logomania trend, while they're crafted from a breathable cotton blend to keep you cool in the heat.
11. M&S Collection Cotton Rich Knee Length Chino Shorts
- M&S Collection Cotton Rich Knee Length Chino Shorts, £22.50 from M&S – buy here
If you don't love the idea of teeny tiny shorts, then a knee-length pair is a stylish solution.
These ones by M&S are available in six colourways including pink and white, and feature split hem detailing that allows you to move about in them comfortably.
12. M&S Collection Animal Print High Waisted Shorts
- M&S Collection Animal Print High Waisted Shorts, £25 from M&S – buy here
"Excellent shorts, material [has a] refreshing feel even when hot. Style and fit spot on. Once on, so comfortable" writes one shopper about these shorts – and there are plenty more five-star reviews to back them up.
The animal print design is one that will stay timeless while still allowing you to make a statement: just add a simple vest and oversized sunnies to complete the glam look.
13. Per Una Linen Blend High Waisted Shorts
- Per Una Linen Blend High Waisted Shorts, £29.50 from M&S – buy here
Linen is a must in the warmer weather – but it doesn't necessarily have to mean beiges and creams.
Case in point: this bright orange pair of shorts. They're perfect for adding some colour and vibrancy into your everyday looks, plus the elasticated high waist and detachable belt dial up the comfort.
14. V by Very Taylor Boyfriend Denim Shorts
- V by Very Taylor Boyfriend Denim Shorts, £25 from Very – buy here
The boyfriend fit of these denim shorts will add a relaxed feel to summer days.
They're made using Better Cotton and are praised by shoppers for the fit and comfy stretch material.
15. Everyday Jersey Shorts – Print
- Everyday Jersey Shorts – Print, now £7.80 from Very – buy here
Jersey shorts are impossibly comfortable whether you're lounging around the house or headed to the beach.
Forget drab grey though: these ones by Everyday are emblazoned with a bold floral print to inject some fun into your wardrobe.
How much are the best women's shorts?
You don't have to spend a fortune to find a great pair of women's shorts – but of course, you can expect to pay a little more for premium fabrics like linen or leather.
In our search, the cheapest women's shorts were Mango's Printed shorts which were just £6.99 in the sale, while the most expensive were AllSaints' Savannah Leather Shorts which were reduced to £125 from £179.
Where to buy the best women's shorts?
If you've got a favourite brand or retailer, then the chances are they'll carry a selection of women's shorts: they're an essential every summer.
In our search, we were really impressed by the shorts we found at:
- New Look
What to look for in the best women's shorts?
The fabric is probably one of the most important considerations to make when it comes to shopping women's shorts. If you're looking for a summer pair that will be cool and comfy, then look out for cottons and linens which will be airy and breathable.
Read More on The Sun
British Airways staff forced to serve KFC when they FORGOT inflight food
I’m the catfish queen – trolls say my transformation should be illegal
Elsewhere, keep in mind your preferred fit and silhouette and whether you're looking for something formal that will hold its shape (perhaps a tailored pair), or something looser with some stretch that you can throw on with ease.
Lastly, colour and pattern will set the tone of your shorts: opt for neutral colours to build a versatile capsule collection that you can easily mix and match, or go for a bold hue or statement print if you want to make more of a splash with your style.
Looking for more stylish savings at your favourite fashion chains? Visit Sun Vouchers where you’ll find amazing discounts and voucher codes for hundreds of fashion retailers including ASOS, Very, River Island, Roman Originals, New Look and more.
Source: Read Full Article